Tuesday, July 22, 2008

productivity abounds

Today has been particularly hectic, but oh so productive! I took the morning off of work as I had an appointment to tour a daycare center. I can hardly believe the waiting lists for an infant...one place has a 14-18 mo wait list! Are you kidding me!? Well, this other center I visited today was super clean, the kids were all playing and there were NO TV's in the center! I realized during the course of my visit that I'm suddenly switching into "mom-mode" and was inquiring about their discipline practices and how often they have fire drills. Holy Cow, when did this happen!? The good news is we are #4 on their wait list (keep in mind we wont need care till FEB 2009!), but am thrilled at the possibility of a highly rated, close to home facility... I'm already having anxiety about leaving my baby at day care...and he's not even here yet!

I also managed to track down a package that never arrived, took Georgie the cat to the vet annnnd got a free replacement AC!

First things first... On Sunday I found 3 LARGE, SCARY, DISGUSTING worms in Georgie's food. I freaked out afraid she was sick and what if I somehow got them? what if the baby has them!? * as a disclaimer, I am a fanatic about a clean kitchen and bleach/clorox the counters daily, but she is a cat and has been known to climb on things, including counters... Well, I managed to get a worm into a baggie and got a vet appointment for today. $200 later, I found out it was a fly larva, but got her de-wormed anyway... and there is nothing for me to worry about! Piece of mind is priceless.

Secondly, in the spirit of my... frugality... we realized our less than 1 yr old window ac unit just isnt blowing like it should...and in this heat wave, that really blows! So just as I was about to order a new one from target with our gift cards, I remembered I still had the receipt from last August tucked away in my desk drawer. What do you know, the ac is 1 mo shy of the warranty expiring so after calling the manufacturer, we're getting a check to replace the unit...and keeping those gift cards for more pressing matters, like diapers! Hooray!!

No comments: