Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Operation Clean House

First things first; William and Mary kicked UVA's tail and victory was so sweet! Normally I just use inappropriate 4 letter words to refer to Comcast, that is until I discovered we automatically get ESPN360 online so we were able to watch the Game live online and the quality was a.m.a.zing. Poor Mr. F, but in all fairness, the Tribe hasnt beaten UVA since 1986. It was about time!

Second thing on the agenda, we had a very lazy, yet productive Labor Day weekend. While most Philadelphians "went down the shore" (WHY does no one say "went TO the shore"!?!?) we had a staycation and cashed in big on Macy's sales on men's suits. This was ultra important as Mr. F is getting ready for some big big interviews. I even convinced him to get a light purple shirt and dark purple tie. He looked...WOW. I'm so glad I'm married to him ;) Not to mention, Aidan was an angel. I wouldnt have believed how well he behaved if I wasnt there to see for myself. We also played in the park and are helping Aidan practice walking everywhere we go. I suspect he's just going to take off at any moment.


Finally, today is my first SAHM day and I'm so proud of my productivity, although I'm nowhere close to done with my list of chores. Since daycare requires a two week notice we were stuck paying for this week of tuition, which means I got my hair cut for the first time since March and am about to throw some laundry on, all without worrying about the little guy. I finally have the time and opportunity to get this place in order! (This is a great thing since my mother-in-law is coming this weekend)

We are also having a mouse flair-up. UGHHH. It's gross and annoying. I promise our place is actually clean (I should own stock in clorox wipes) despite the clutter here and there and I know we live in the middle of the city so its to be expected, but YUCK!!! There are traps set everywhere and I'm emailing the landlord. Not like he cares, but maybe he will.... anyone have any good tips for getting rid of the little buggers?

1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

I DO have a tip (passed on to me from a neighbor- we live in a really old building, and mice are inevitable)! Buy some peppermint oil (we have to go to Whole Foods to get ours), put it on a cotton ball, and leave the cotton balls wherever you think the mice will be. The scent of the oil repels them, and your apartment will smell like a candy cane! It's worked well for us, although we do have to reapply the oil every few days, as it evaporates pretty quickly. Good luck!