Pros
1. extra income to pay my exorbitant student loans...ughhh
2. adult interaction! wahoo!!
3. some intellectual engagement other than reading My Car ad naseum
4. doing something for just me
5. cutting down on utility bills by not being home to run ac units
Cons
1. Little man in day care...at times for 11 hrs a day depending on Dr. F's schedule (mine wont change and the trains schedule means I have to leave extra early)
2. Feeling so cramped for time at the end of each day when the few hours at home are spent preparing for the next day (did I mention we arent totally settled in our house? I mean thank goodness for the basement cause that's where EVERYTHING is right now)
3. Although I am sure daycare is a good one (we looked at ALOT), its still someone else taking care of my baby. Let the mommy guilt begin. I just feel like I wont be able to do it all from keeping the kind of home I want to giving Aidan lots of attention....alas, the plight of the working mother.
Finally I know this isnt the most cheerful post so I'll end on a high note. It may not be the beach, but this $10 blow up Target pool was such a hit. This kid has water in his veins for sure!
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new job, Jenna! I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have to make that decision. But HOORAY new job!
Post a Comment