Friday, July 30, 2010

I didn't know....

Things I didn't know until I became a wife and mother:

1. What the real meaning of exhausted is. A newborn will teach you that really quickly!

2. The true meaning of multi-tasking. exhibit a. this morning I got one load of laundry done, folded 2 other loads, got dinner on for tonight, put dishes away, got myself ready for work, got the Little Man dressed (twice thanks to a spilled milk incident), and laid out clothes for our drive to my parents' tonight....all before 7:30 am.

3. What it means to really love someone.

4. What true happiness feels like.

5. How true it is that "home is where the heart is"

6. How at peace my soul would be with the right person.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

True dat to #6. I used to think a lot of things, like you had to go to grad school before you were married or that I would never ever want to marry someone in the military, just for some examples. But I think with the right person by our side anything is possible/do-able/bearable/worth it.

Mary Frances said...

Oh gosh, #2 makes me exhausted/incredibly impressed!

Ab said...

Ugh! #2 makes me want to GET BACK IN BED! I have those mornings, but lately they are few and FAR between:) Does this mean you're in VA? Yes, I am in fact stalking you.