Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to the Grind

It was another quiet (but cooler!) weekend in Philly and as we're getting into a routine things are settling down nicely. On Friday Dr. F and I had our first movie night date in a loooong time. We watched Moon with Sam Rockwell. I am NOT into sci-fi, but Dr. F is and he'd been bugging me to see this. I did not enjoy it while I watched it, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and the questions it raises. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something not mainstream.

Saturday Dr. F was back in the hospital bright and early so Aidan and I ran some errands, including Target. I swear its impossible to come out of there without spending $100. Well, I was feeling so guilty that we went back on Sunday and I returned a cute pair of shoes I didn't absolutely need and few other things...which was great because I went right back to their grocery department and re-spent the money on things we actually do need, like food. Have I mentioned how awesome the grocery section of Target is?!

Which leads me to the impromptu bbq we had. Both Dr. F and I looked at each other on Saturday afternoon and said "we're bored! lets have people over" so we headed back to Target (thats right, my second trip in one day) and hit up amazing sales like 2 packs of Hebrew National hot dogs for $5 and buns for $1 and corn for $.30 an ear. We had a great time with our friends Corey and Jason.

On Sunday Aidan fell in love with the little girl behind us in church and he proceeded to flirt the entire time. When he wasnt making eyes at her I managed to wrangle him with Goldfish. In the afternoon we all took naps, it was GLORIOUS!! Then yesterday evening we crashed a block party one block away from us and made some new friends. Of course, none of them have kids, but at least we know some of the neighbors now. All in all, a good weekend and we're feeling rested and ready for another week.

1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

Confession: I went to Target (which is not exactly near us) twice last week to get more strawberries and grapes. Which were not organic, but which were SO CHEAP I could not help myself.