Monday, June 13, 2011

Back to the real world...

Well, my convalescence was lovely and I was relaxed, productive and generally a happy girl, despite the obscene heat with no central ac. I get my stitches out tomorrow and will have more blood work in a few weeks to see how my thyroid levels are (fingers crossed, they will be normal and I wont need any meds!)

Being home from work also gave me the opportunity to visit with Mary Frances and baby E. Consequently, Aidan insists on praying for MF and her baby every night at bedtime. It is ADORABLE!

We even capped off my recovery with an awesome wedding on Long Island this past weekend. Friends of ours are both only children of two well-to-do Jewish families on Long Island (none of those words describe us!). The wedding was RIDICULOUS and loads of fun.Dr. F and I agreed that we actually liked it better than most Christian/non-denominational weddings we've been to because it just seemed so personalized to the couple. There was plenty of traditional elements to the ceremony and God was very much incorporated, but I felt like we actually learned about the couple and their relationship. Anyway, check out some pictures...if you look closely, you can see my scar, and its not so bad! Additionally, I tied Dr. F's bow-tie and it only took two tries! BOOYAH!

This is Dr. F's serious face...see a resemblance to LM? HOLY COW!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

The two of you are just two darn photogenic.

Mary Frances said...

I LOVE that Aidan is still praying for us at bedtime. That is so, so adorable. I can't wait for E to be bigger so that they can play together!

And to echo McV, yes, you and Dr. F are ridiculously photogenic, and as I said on FB, I love that dress. You look smashing.