1 extra firm block of tofu. I put it on a dinner plate with a cutting board on top of it. Then I put a heavy sauce pan on top of the cutting board (a book would do as well) for about 20 min. This worked to gently press the excess water out without drying it out too much...which I've done.
Then I cubed the tofu and gently tossed it in a cornstarch (its gluten free, if you're so inclined) and Italian seasoning mix. I'm betting this would work just the same way with flour and spice of your choice or bread crumbs. Next time, I'm going to try panko bread crumbs. They are DELISH!
The next step was to fry tofu cubes in hot EVOO until they were brown and crispy on the outside. Without removing them from the pan, throw in some tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or just regular old soy sauce. Coat the cubes and remove from pan.
That is it! It was sooo good. I also served Trader Joes green curry infused rice and sauted string beans. This meal was easy, cheap, delicious...and today, I'm eating leftovers for lunch!
Today I'm so the culinary version of Charlie Sheen. Winning.
1 comment:
I thought by the title you were going to say you were pregnant! but I guess that would have been "we" did it...I'm hilarious. I haven't yet tried tofu, but it's on my list.
Post a Comment