well it finally happened... I finished my thesis, printed it, turned that bad boy in (in addition to all the other projects) and will be graduating on monday!! wahooooo!! the last few weeks have not been easy and I owe a great deal to my amazing husband for all of his support and really picking up the slack around here, including making me breakfast lunch and dinner several days in a row. I know I'm lucky to have his love and support and I appreciate the team we are.
I also celebrated by first mother's day! It was great! Mr. F made brioche french toast with fresh from the bakery brioche and of course, beautiful pink tulips! It was a beautiful day and I was dying to get outside, but... I stayed in and finished my thesis. Getting to bed at 2am after emailing in my last paper was sublime. But I'll admit I'm still recovering sleep wise. It doesnt help that Aidan isnt sleeping through the night anymore...but life is good. And of course, being done with school and my masters degree is amazing. So I've spent the last few days doing all the things I couldnt do before... 6 loads of laundry yesterday, grocery shopping, vacuuming etc. :) and it feels soooo good!
Finally, I also found out on monday I got the internship I applied for in Philly!!! I applied for the same one last year, but didnt even get an interview. Its only for the summer, but it is PAID!! and will give me some fantastic experience in my field!
Mom and dad are coming this weekend so I've gotta get this place in ship shape before we're in any position to have guests... and now I'll be able to post more frequently!
3 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! Will you be pulling out the old cap and gown and walking and everything??
We're headed to the burg this weekend to Scott graduate--ah memories. Hopefully it will be slightly less steamy than the day we graduated.
congratulations on graduating and the internship!!
Yay! Congratulations! That's so exciting! On my first mother's day, I was graduating from college. It was such a thrill!
Post a Comment