
Holy Cow! Today is the 39 week mark and boy does it feel like I'm going to pop at any second...and truthfully, I wish I would! November 7 was our "Please let us make it to this date!" goal because today is Mr. F's last day of general surgery rotations and the large majority of my school things are done for the time being. However, I have to admit I'm getting overwhelmed and stressed because I feel like professors keep assigning things for me to do while I'm out with the baby. I don't understand because they all knew I was going to be ending my semester early and agreed to give me take homes or papers instead of finals. The reality is, I'm only missing 2 or 3 classes at the end of the semester and havent missed or been late to a single class all semester. I'm having a real moment of wishing I could just take a normal maternity leave and not be expected to be accountable to anyone school related. I'm having a major pity party for myself, which isnt helped by having a really tough time getting around, feeling exhausted and having classmates tell me it was "a bold move to wear flip-flops when my feet and ankles look like the Michelin man." Seriously. And nothing else fits. I now understand the phrase "barefoot and pregnant."
Mr. F being the phenomenal man and husband that he is, I am seriously the luckiest woman on the planet, reminded me that we've been through so much and these little school stressors are just minuscule...and that I only need to pass my classes. I know he's right, but thats pretty tough to swallow because I dont like to do anything half-assed, even though I know he's right at this point. UGHHHH.
I hope everyone else is having a great Friday and I'm gonna try to get myself out of this funk pronto.
2 comments:
You're doing so great! And you made it to your goal date. PLus don't forget, just like you told me, you're going to get way better maternity leave than you'd get at any job. It's going to be tough, but you and "Mr. F" can do it. And I'm sure you're ankles re just as beautiful as always :) Speaking of beautiful, I have go to dig up that infamous picture of you and those pants from freshman year;)
Vicki...will you post this pants picture? :) Jenna, I'm sure this is SUCH a trying time, but I know that once Aiden's here it's going to be amazing. If you want, I'll try to do some of your take-homes!?! Except then you DEFINITELY wouldn't pass. Seriously, best wishes and I'm rooting for you!
Post a Comment